Completing rooms gets you a certain number of points. A breakdown of how questions are scored as follows:
|1st to answer||200 points|
|2nd to answer||180 points|
|3rd to answer||175 points|
|4th to answer||165 points|
|After 4th||150 points|
The difficulty of the room will increase or decrease the number of points rewarded respectively. However, "challenge" rooms award more points than "walkthrough" rooms. Users who complete rooms first will always be given "first blood points".
Completing "walkthrough" rooms within the same month that they are released will still award you 25% of the available points to your account, but the points will be counted in both the "Monthly" and "All-time" leaderboards. However, completing "walkthrough" rooms that are *not** released within the same month will still award you 25% of the available points, however, the points from this will only go towards your account and the "All-time" leaderboard - not towards the monthly leaderboard as well.
Completing "challenge" rooms within the same month they are released will award 100% of the points available to your account and both the "Monthly" and "All-time" leaderboards. Where completing "challenge" rooms that are not released in the same month will still grant you 100% of the available points as before, only 25% - not 100% - of the available points will be included for your score on the "Monthly" leaderboard.
The monthly leaderboards are calculated from the points that are given above. Monthly points reset to 0 on the last day of the month at 23:59 GMT. The #1 ranking at that time will receive a badge on their THM profile and a random security gift.
Here is where you fight for your place on the wall of fame. You are ranked in relation to the value of your account points against every other TryHackMe use. Your prize is being #1.
- Only the points from "public" rooms will increase your rank and level.
- First to first blood (complete) a box will gain more points then the rest of the users.
- Challenge rooms released this month, give you 100% of the points (to both your all-time and monthly score).
- Old challenge rooms (not released this month) will give you 25% of the points to your monthly score and 100% to your all-time score.
- Walkthrough rooms released this month, give you 25% of the points to both your all-time and monthly score.
- Old Walkthrough rooms (not released this month) only give you 25% of the points to your all-time score, none for your monthly score.
- The "Monthly" leaderboard resets to 0 on the last day of the month at 23:59. #1 will recieve a badge on their profile and a random security gift.